Look up

>> Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Psalm 121:1,2
I look up to the mountains— does my help come from there? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth!




More and more I am realizing that my help and my answers do come from the Lord, at least they are there if I want them. I can only accomplish so much on my own, with my own strength, my own talent, my own skills. I might get by but I will be so nervous, miserable and hopeless trying to figure it out and execute things on my own. I can't do it! I often struggle with that thinking that "if only.... " You can fill those dots in with whatever you want. Security, a better job, a different past, more time, more money, if I were smarter, and the list goes on. These aren't the solutions. I spend so much time worrying and trying to solve all the issues of life in my head. It's not that I don't pray or ask God for help because I do. Sometimes I think it would help me to know the He is what I need. He is my help when I don't have it all together and polished. He is my source when I my resources look like they won't measure up. He is my strength when I wonder how I will make it. I can look to the things in life and think they will help me or make things better, or I can look to the One who created this world and all that is in it and realize He holds it all. Nothing takes God by surprise. Nothing I encounter, nothing I have done, nothing I will face is something He isn't already the answer to. God didn't put us on this planet to try and figure it all out on our own. He came here to live with us and walk with us. He wants to be our answer. No person can fix what is wrong in our hearts. No amount of money can buy what our heart longs for.

3 comments:

lori bunk October 22, 2008 at 12:44 AM  

soooo good!

Anonymous October 22, 2008 at 2:22 PM  

AMEN!

God's Girl November 2, 2008 at 1:32 AM  

We can't be reminded enough to look to Him!

Thanks for sharing!

Julie

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP