A new love

>> Monday, November 3, 2008






Fall is here and I guess that is a perfect time to find a new love. I have discovered that I love to kayak. A new friend of mine introduced me to this new adventure about a week ago. Well, this weekend we took a trip down south to the Everglades and went on a 15 mile kayak trip through the swampy, alligator infested, mangrove lined, murky waters. The weather was ideal and we had a great time taking in the beautiful sights. We went on a guided trip that took 6 hours. I will be honest and tell you that I was not prepared for what I had signed up for. I was expecting a leisurely paddle through the Everglades and expected to spot a gator or two. There were parts of the river that were so narrow and tight you couldn't use a paddle to move your kayak. We were in a mangrove tunnel that was at least a mile long and we had to pull ourselves through by using the branches of the mangrove tree ducking as we moved so we didn't knock ourselves out. It was awesome. Sure we saw alligators but the thing that scared me the most was when our guide mentioned pythons and rattle snakes. I wouldn't be writing this now if I had seen one because I would have died of a heart attack. That trip was incredible and I am so glad my friend Charley had the bright idea to go on such an adventurous trip. Who knows where she will have me kayaking to next.

4 comments:

lori bunk November 3, 2008 at 8:58 AM  

that look likes SO MUCH FUN!

Shawna November 3, 2008 at 9:03 AM  

You are SO brave! I've seen those gators in the everglades and i was in the car..that was scary to me!! i couldn't imagine being right there in the water with them! You are so adventourus! :)

Anonymous November 3, 2008 at 2:57 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous November 29, 2008 at 10:29 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP