Rock the Universe

>> Tuesday, September 9, 2008

This past weekend I drove a bus to Orlando with a bunch of teenagers to play at Universal Studios and hear some awesome Christian bands. We left Friday at 1:30 pm and got back Sunday night at 9 pm. I had a great time but I definitely feel my age. Staying at the theme park until 1am Friday and Saturday night about killed me. Then Sunday we spent the day at Islands of Adventure. I didn't think turning 30 meant I was that old. But I feel it. I can't stay up as late as I used to, loud music bothers me and it didn't used to. I hung out with and observed teenagers all weekend and I am realizing how much older I am than they are. Did I really act like that at that age? Did I dress like that and talk like that? I do love being around teenagers though. I love that they invite me to walk around the park with them and ride the rides with them. I love that they want to eat with me and stay up late goofing off. I just hope they realize they may be pushing me around in a wheel chair soon and blending my food for me at dinner time. I just feel old.



On a different note... I LOVE theme parks and roller coasters and rides. Islands of Adventure has some of the best that I have been on. I was in awe of some of the rides there. I was more excited than the students were to go. Sure I was tired and had blisters on my feet, but nothing was going to get in the way of riding some of the fastest and mind blowing rides I have ever been on. I just vote next time we go, let's go when the heat index isn't 105 degrees!!!!!

2 comments:

lori bunk September 10, 2008 at 8:33 AM  

haha... i feel the same way. my youth have been begging for an all-nighter and i keep putting it off!

come up here for fall..we can go to the cider mill!

Shawna September 11, 2008 at 3:04 PM  

I know what you mean about feeling old. My legs feel all crippled if i sit down indian style..and I was trying to show Mya how to do a ballet leap (remember me doing those is college) and i thought I broke my legs off!!! LOL! So I feel ya with feeling old!

Ryan is in Orlando right now, he's been there for over a week now. He went to Epcot the other day. So sad..he is in Orlando and you were to0..man, i sure wish i was there!

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP